Friday, June 27, 2008

My Day

Happy Birthday to me.

I love my birthday. I mean, I really love my birthday. Maybe it's the attention that a birthday garners. I don't think it's the presents. I know, I love having a day just for me. Sure, other people have my birthday too (Helen Keller, Ross Perot, Tobey Maguire), but I still think of it as my day. Perhaps this is the reason that, thus far, aging doesn't bother me. Also, I have made a conscious choice to always be happy about the age that I am.

Today I am 28. In 2 years I'll be 30. While it's slightly mind-boggling to believe that I've been around that long, it's also cool to think about how much I've learned and grown. I can remember the wonderful feeling of being completely clean when I was baptized almost 20 years ago. And the mixture of excitement and anticipation and fear of the unknown as I prepared to leave for college 10 years ago. What will I associate with this year?

I love my birthday!

2 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Happy birthday!! I love birthdays..I look forward to mine for months ahead of time. It's just so fun to have a day all about yourself!

GCC said...

It's also helpful to have such a cool date like the 27th for a birthday. I think it would be much less exciting to have a birthday on the 3rd or the 14th or something dull like that. There is no better day of any month than the 27th, if you ask me! ;) Happy, happy birthday, Margot!! Eat lots of watermelon and play lots of Wii. We need to get together, yo!