Have you seen Expelled? It's Ben Stein's documentary about the exclusion of Intelligent Design from current scientific theory. Bryan and I watched it a few months ago and watched it again last night with Bryan's dad and brother. I realize that all documentaries are trying to make a specific point, they're propaganda. This is no exception. But I think his particular slant is fascinating.
He asks the basic question: What is so wrong with Intelligent Design? He gets answers like "it's stupid," "it's insane," and "it's utterly boring." All of these answers are provided by scientists, academics. Then Stein takes it a step further by asking what Intelligent Design actually is. The two opposing camps have radically different definitions.
And then he talks about Nazi Germany. That's the terrifying part of the documentary.
Go watch it, then come back and tell me what you thought.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dug and I watched it several months ago, and I really liked it. I remember telling my mom to go rent it so she and my dad could watch it. However, I'm now having a hard time remembering what I liked, so I'll have to watch it again and get back to you! :)
Post a Comment