Thursday, September 17, 2009

Think Pink

I bought something pink this week. Before you get all excited, it's not for me. My friend and her husband are adopting a two-year-old girl on Friday and I'm going to a toddler shower for her tonight. The boys and I hit Costco and got some quality pajamas. And they're pink.

Behold:
and

This is progress people. I don't usually buy pink stuff, not even for other people. I have occasionally, but I prefer purples and reds. But these felt right. Does that make any sense? When I buy things for others I'm very picky. (Okay, I'm picky all the time, but especially when it comes to gift giving.) I want the item to scream out "BUY ME! THEY WILL LOVE ME!" And these screamed much louder than any of the other pajamas on the table.

The boys don't seem to have the same pink prejudice that I do. They rode around Costco with these slung over their shoulders like stoles. It was awesome. Really.

Buying pink things, wanting to know how to sew, am I *gasp* maturing?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I don't typically like pink either (I bought a blue dress with daisies on it for my last baby shower gift) but I do like those first pajamas especially! So cute!

Bryan said...

I think it has something to do with the pink being on pajamas.

Should I get Margot a pink sweater for Christmas?