Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time Marches On

On Sunday Peter counted to two-hundred and ten. Bryan and I kept sending each other looks of, "This is amazing," and "Can you believe this?" across the table at each other. He did most of it on his own, although there were two notable places that tripped him up. He has a hard time remembering thirty and fifty. This was demonstrated by a conversation that Peter and I had last week.

Peter: I'm almost four.

Me: Yes, you are.

Peter: And Cooper is one.

Me: Yup.

Peter: How old is Daddy?

Me: He's thirty.

Peter: And how old are you?

Me: Twenty-nine. If I'm twenty-nine now, how old will I be next year?

Peter: Sixty.

4 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

My, how time flys when you sre my amazing Peter.

Crystal said...

Is that 29 to 60 in 4 years?

Cristin said...

What I can't believe is that you had the patience to listen to him count that high! You're a good mom. I would have been like, "Uh, that's nice, I need to go do something."

Bryan said...

Cristin,

It was mostly out of sheer disbelief that he could go that high. Once we helped him work out the pattern, he kept going.

As an addition to the story, Margot left for a meeting. Peter was counting and I heard him get up to 300 or so.

He told me later that he got to 674.

Wow.