I'm not sure if it's because it's my third time being at this point, or if it's because I'm just a little older than I was with the other two, but some of the uncomfortable stuff has already started. There are three that stand out right now, things that I don't remember being a concern until the last month with Cooper, and, with the exception of the last one, that I don't really think I had at all with Peter.
- Heartburn. Holy cow, I don't know how Bryan manages this stuff. He gets heartburn multiple times per week. When I'm not growing a person I don't ever get heartburn. Now I'm at the point where I'm getting heartburn almost every night. For the most part I just deal with it. I took a chewable antacid a few weeks ago and it was seriously gross. Yes, it stemmed the burning that radiates up to my throat, but the consistency was not awesome. I've just tried to ignore the fire since then.
- Jumpy legs. Of the two, this one is the bigger problem. It basically only happens as I'm trying to fall asleep. As I begin to drift off, my legs decide it's time to run a marathon, a choice they would not usually make. I've tried walking, the hot pad, stretching, nothing is very effective. I mostly just pray that I'll have the strength to ignore it.
- Sciatic nerve pain. It's to the point that I can't stand from a sitting or lying position without pain shooting down my left leg. I'm not sure why it's only my left leg, but I'm thankful that my right leg is not adding to the pain.
6 comments:
Time to see the chiropractor. Ask your OBGYN or a trusted friend for a recommendation.
If your heartburn gets to be unbearable, you could ask your doctor about prevacid...it saved me last pregnancy! Hope you start feeling better soon!
I used to have unbearable heartburn multiple times a week. I'm the kind of person, however, who HATES as in fully loathes perscription meds, however. In my opinion, they usually do more harm than good. I had a cousin recommend aloe vera juice. It sounds crazy, but I was to the point where all of the OTC stuff simply didn't work and I was desperate. I gave it a shot. Not only did it stop the heartburn, it has never really returned. Every once in a while (like 2 or 3 times a year) I'll have a mild case of heartburn, but aloe clears it right up without the disgusting pukey burpy stuff or the nausea that the pills used to give me. You can find it near the laxatives in the pharm area of Walmart. It tastes kind of gross, but was a lifesaver for me.
I read that restless leg during pregnancy can be a sign of anemia. I noticed a decrease while pregnant when I made sure to get enough iron. Maybe that would work for you? It's a pain though. I'm glad you posted this, makes it easier for me to wait to get pregnant again! :)
Try papaya for the heartburn.
Sorry, I know getting advice is probably not what you were looking for. Just trying to help! :)
The only thing that really helped my RLS was time and having the baby. Sorry. :( The next best thing was having my husband rub my feet and legs as I was trying to fall asleep. It was enough of a different sensation that I could focus on it and briefly ignore the twitching/itching/moving crazy legs. Stretching before bed, getting exercise during the day, and going to bed when I was tired (but not too tired), getting up and walking around when I just couldn't stand laying in bed helped a little. Good luck!
I'm the same way: never had heart burn until pregnancy, but then, at the end, I had it every single night. So I keep a bottle of tums on my head board and chew one up every night just before brushing my teeth(I agree; they're not tasty at all). You're getting close!!!
Post a Comment