Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Day In the Life

I just got back from an activity called "A Day in the Life of an MBA." The spouses and significant others of the MBA students were invited to hear two members of the faculty teach lectures that they teach to the MBAs. I heard an hour long lecture on accounting and then one of the same length on operations.

And it was awesome.

Seriously. It was really fun. I never thought I would say a lecture on accounting was fun, but it was. The professors were engaging and funny. They explained the material in a way that was, if not easy, at least manageable. Accounting still made my brain feel a little fuzzy, but I understood a lot better than I thought I would.

And the operations class was really enjoyable. I didn't look at the clock at all until we were almost done. From what the teacher said about operations I conclude that all moms are operations experts.

Bryan has said a few times that he thinks I should get an MBA. While I don't see that happening, it was a relief to be able to understand and participate in the discussions. It's nice to know that my brain hasn't turned to total mush.

No comments: