Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dance Dance Revolution

Cooper and Phoebe are taking a dance class. It's free through MBASA and will last for five weeks. Their first session was last Saturday. And you can guess from yesterday's post that Phoebe probably considers this part of her princess training. 

The day before the class started Phoebe, Cooper, and I watched YouTube clips of several forms of dance. Warning: if you're planning on watching YouTube movies of dance with your children, you might want to stick with BYU dance companies. We didn't see anything inappropriate  mostly because I saw the thumbnails and read descriptions enough to avoid the unsavory.

As we drove to the class on Saturday morning Cooper announced, "Mom, I've decided I'm going to do Jazz." Good choice. Unfortunately, this week they focused on tumbling and ballet. Maybe next week, Cooper.

The class is split into a younger group and an older group. Phoebe is the youngest person in the whole class. I actually had to get special permission to bring her. Here she is getting ready to learn how to do a summersault,. And playing with her name tag.

This is the older group doing a ballet warm-up. Cooper is in the darker blue shirt on the far left.

Phoebe loved the tumbling, but kind of lost interest by the time the class switched and she had to do ballet. As long as she was focused she did a pretty good job of following directions. And she nailed the required "Ta-Da!" that followed every summersault. Here's a movie of her trying to do a bridge.


As soon as we got in the car after class Phoebe informed me that she wanted to "do another dance class." And Cooper has been practicing the mini-routine they learned. I think that's a stamp of approval from both.

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I want another dance class too.416