Monday, May 4, 2015

The Fruit

Phoebe really wanted to bear her testimony yesterday. Because we've talked about practicing what you're going to say before you go up, she quickly dictated to me what she planned to share. After repeating it a few times (as quietly as possible since we were sitting in the chapel), we walked up for her to speak at the podium.

This is what she said:

I'd like to bear my testimony that I know this church is true. We've been reading the Book of Mormon reader. And we just read the one about the fruit that if the people ate it they would feel joy and some people went off the path and drowned in the river and some were going to the building where other people were making fun of the people that ate the fruit. And that made the people that ate the fruit wonder, "Maybe what I'm doing is weird." But when the people ate the fruit they felt happiness. In the name of Christ, amen.

I sat in a seat behind her as she spoke, ready to jump up if she needed me. But she didn't need me. She remembered the gist of what she had practiced and did a good job delivering it. There was a sweet spirit while she spoke, and because I had walked up with her, I took a moment to share my testimony as well.

I love the scriptures. I love the Book of Mormon and I have a testimony that it is a true testament of Jesus Christ. I'm thrilled that we've made daily family scripture reading a habit and that my children are gaining their own testimonies of the truths in that inspired book. We have the Holy Ghost in our home on a more consistent basis because we read the Book of Mormon.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Simply beautiful. I wish I had been there.
=0)