Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bling

This morning we walked the boys to school, as has become our custom. We saw each boy to his assigned door, then we walked all the way around the outside of the building to the front office to drop something off with the nurse. At that point we were ready to walk home.

Phoebe had been asking to push Sophie in the stroller, and I had told her she could once we were on our way home. Since it was finally her turn, I took a step back and made room for her. On the walk to school my attention had been split between all the kids and the path, but now my focus landed on Phoebe and Sophie. It was at this moment that I saw something purple near Phoebe's hair.

I leaned over and discovered that Phoebe was wearing a purple, sparkly, clip-on earring. What's more, she was rocking the 80's hairband look by only wearing one earring. When I asked her if she'd been wearing it the whole time (perhaps I thought she'd stowed it in her pocket for when the moment to accessorize felt just right), she smiled and said yes.


And really, if more people wore sparkly, purple, clip-on earrings with their sweatpants and sneakers, we might all be a little happier.

No comments: