Monday, April 18, 2016

Fake It Till You Make It

Remember the glass etching project I did for a RS activity? We've continued these shindigs each month since then. In February we learned simple embroidery, in March we learned card making, and this month we're making Menu and To Do boards. My friend who chose this particular craft ended up having a totally swamped April and had to hand it off. You know what that means? I stayed up much too late on Saturday night and learned how to cut vinyl with my fancy and beautiful Silhouette Cameo that my wonderful mother-in-law sent me.

After looking through aaaaalll the fonts and ruining a few pieces of vinyl, I finally figured it out. These are the finished products I took to church on Sunday to advertise our upcoming activity.



A friend sent me a text after church to tell me how impressed she was with my crafting skills.

That's when the world turned upside Lewis Carroll-style and Twilight Zone music started playing.

Nevertheless, I like the way they turned out.

2 comments:

Brett M said...

They look fantastic! I would ask you to help me make one but I have NO wall space in my kitchen. :-( Great job!

Shari said...

Margot they are beautiful. You could not only hang them but think of a putting them on cute picture frame stand to set on the island, counter or table or a side table. Fun!