Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fabulous Fifteen

Happy birthday to our family!

On this day, fifteen years ago, Bryan and I were married in the San Diego Temple. That means if our marriage were a child it would be solidly in the moody/angsty territory of youth and spend an inordinate amount of time texting friends and claiming that the world doesn't understand.

Thankfully, it is not a teenager.

We celebrated today by having as fancy a dinner as we could manage in the tiny hotel kitchen (which, frankly, is only slightly smaller than my Illinois kitchen). Baked potatoes, fruit salad, carrots, and sugar-snap peas for everyone!


We also celebrated by staying indoors and watching Disney programming all day long while Peter and I put our energy into healing. We had a totally awesome day yesterday with old friends in New Jersey. We swam in their pool for more than two hours. Funny thing, I've had great success with spray sunscreen, but it doesn't work so well when the can is empty. That's what happened to Peter. I don't have that excuse. I used the old-school, cream kind (SPF 70) and still got roasted.

So our party was low-key, but it did include a rousing rendition of, "Happy birthday to our family!"

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Glad you could celebrate.
Sorry about the sunburn.