Thursday, July 13, 2017

First in Flight

We're back, even though you may not have known we were gone. We spent the first eleven days of July in Utah for a family reunion. It was lovely and wonderful and lots of other positive adjectives.

Want to know what's not so great? Jet lag.

I didn't think that it would be such a big deal because there's only a two-hour time difference, but let me tell you, our sleep is messed up over here. It's currently 11:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time and Cooper and Phoebe were both awake as of twenty minutes ago. I suspect it's because we took a red-eye flight home. Five of us slept at least a few of those hours in the air. Peter stayed awake the entire time. Now we're alternating between tired and grumpy and giddy and naughty and zany and overwhelmed.

Fun times.

Anyway, at some point I'll post about our trip, but for now, I'll leave you with this picture of the kids as we drove to the airport at the beginning of our adventure. It was the first flight for Cooper, Phoebe, and Sophie and they were full of nervous excitement, even if Cooper's face doesn't show it.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad you made it home! Sleep in the summer is hard; I can't get my kids to bed with it being so light, so to add a red-eye into the mix - yikes! Hope you all recover soon. :-)