Thursday, August 24, 2017

The End of the Break

Tomorrow is our last weekday of summer break. We've been doing our best to balance fun adventures with relaxed playtime/chores at home. I discovered this summer that the kids really enjoy just being at home, playing together and reading. I guess it took a summer without moving to discover that.

One of those fun activities this week was building a fort that covered most of the main floor of the house.


We've also been going through everyone's clothes and making sure that the stuff that doesn't fit gets pulled from circulation. This involved each child trying on nearly all the clothing they own. We thinned the heard by a respectable amount.


Our last school-related errand was to tame the beast that is Cooper's hair. He said to me last week, "Mom, my hair doesn't really grow longer, it just grows bigger." That is true. His hair, and Phoebe's hair, are both now groomed. Peter didn't require such pruning.


Now, I must get back to my task of updating school records electronically. I took a break from reading the twenty-four page acceptable use document I have to sign to write this post. It's not the exciting thing I've read. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Fun times at the Belnap house. Summer slips away all too quickly. I want it back...but we have fall to look forward too right? (My Favorite time of the year.) What is Fall like where you are? Fall here in Texas is kind of lame as far as the fall foliage goes but the temp. is so welcomed. Good luck with the start of school!