Monday, November 20, 2017

Teaching Our Friends

I got a text yesterday morning saying that the talk for Junior Primary had fallen through and asking if Sophie would like to give a talk instead. She happily accepted. I rephrased the assigned topic in the form of a question and asked her, "How can we tell our friends about Jesus?" The talk below holds most of the things she said. She also composed a song on the spot about Jesus being our brother and friend, but I wasn't quick enough to transcribe it. Hopefully she'll sing it again later for me, more slowly.

We Can Teach Our Friends About Jesus and His Church
Sophie’s Primary Talk 11/19/17


We can teach our friends about Jesus by sharing how much we love Him. We can teach that we lived with Jesus in Heaven before we came to earth. We can show them that Jesus loves them too by caring about them and being kind and being loving. We can teach our friends about Jesus and His church by being faithful to His commandments. We can teach our friends about Jesus by singing Primary songs while we play together, because the songs we sing here teach about Jesus. If we live by the words of this Primary song, we can teach our friends about what we believe in our church.


I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God’s plan.
I’ll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I’ll honor his name.
I’ll do what is right;
I’ll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim.

I know this is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Very nicely done Sophie!
=0)