Friday, June 15, 2018

The Dad

Tonight I was looking though some unpublished posts when I found this picture. We were battling some bug that week and Bryan had stayed home sick one day. When Phoebe got off the bus that afternoon it was clear she felt lousy too. She laid down on the couch, drained of energy and uninterested in anything other than sleep.

When Bryan discovered how she felt he picked her up and carried her to her room so she could nap. I snapped this blurry picture as a reminder that even though he was home sick and felt awful, he put his weariness aside to care for Phoebe. I love these tender dad moments. And I've noticed that when the kids are sick, they often want Bryan to comfort them, which speaks to how he fulfills his role as their dad.


Happy Father's Day!

No comments: