On Sunday night Cooper started to feel lousy. By Monday morning he was curled up in a little ball on the couch with a terrible headache. That afternoon Sophie laid herself down on the living room floor and fell asleep. She woke up the Tuesday morning with a fever. By Tuesday night Cooper, Sophie, Topher, and Bryan were all running high fevers and dealing with body aches, chills, and some vomiting.
On Wednesday I took the three sick kids to the doctor and was told that they have the flu. The doctor also told us that if anyone else at our house exhibits these symptoms that they probably have the flu as well. On Wednesday Peter developed a high fever and chills.
Cooper has not been to school at all this week. Peter went the first few days, then stayed home. Phoebe had missed last Friday and Monday because of a cough, then went back on Tuesday. Her cough worsened on Wednesday, so she stayed home again. I thought maybe she'd had a light case of the flu before we realized what was happening and that the cough was what remained.
I was wrong. Tonight at bedtime Phoebe was hit with a high fever. That means I am the only healthy person at my house. Peter and Bryan have helped where possible, but I've done a lot of care taking over the last few days, especially for Topher.
I have no idea if I'm going to get sick or somehow avoid what appears to be a terribly painful flu. Just in case, I traded Sunday School teaching responsibilities with my co-teacher so I don't need to teach this Sunday and I've got someone to cover choir practice. I'm praying that I stay healthy until Bryan is healthy again, because at least one parent should be able to care for these kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Our prayers for all of you.
So sorry you're sick. I hope you avoid the germs.
Man that's so rough! I hope you stay healthy and everyone else gets better soon!!
Post a Comment