Friday, February 19, 2021

Into the Outside

When we had our giant snowstorm a few weeks ago we all went out to play and found ourselves practically buried in too much snow. I told the kids I'd take them back out after the snow had melted a little and was more manageable. Two days later, with the snow looking just right to play in, I threw my back out and had to spend most of the next week flat on the couch, moving as little as possible. That meant no more snow play and some very disappointed kids.

Right about the time my back was calming down and I was moving more, Cooper's hives showed up. That took a lot of time and energy and focus to help him, so we still didn't go back outside to the snow. Plus the snow had turned hard and icy and was much less fun.

It snowed again last night and today. I'm tired from a late night of supervising Cooper while he worked to catchup on school, but I made it a priority to bundle us up and go outside. Then, when Topher and I were ready to come in, Bryan stayed out with the girls since Phoebe had just finished her schoolwork and desperately wanted to be out in the cold too. Seriously, she loves the cold.

Cooper was wrapping up his final assignments for the week and didn't join us. Don't worry though, we're supposed to get even more snow next week; he'll probably play then.








No comments: