Friday, June 18, 2021

Everything

The kids have pointed out that I've stopped posting about most birthdays. 

They are correct.

I didn't intend to stop writing up birthday celebrations. But we take a lot of pictures on those days, and the pictures take a lot of time to sort through, and I don't generally have a lot of time these days. So I put it off in favor of quicker, easier posts. And once I've put it off a little, it gets easier to keep putting it off. Then we get to a point where it appears no one is having birthdays anymore, and that's not great.

So, guess what?

Bryan had a birthday, and I'm going to write a short post about it, because short is better than no post at all.

Bryan likes very low-key birthdays, and that's just what we gave him. He opened gifts from his parents, my parents, and us. We made a nice dinner and ate cake. Then we watched a movie of his choice which happened to fit into the theme of the day.

This is a blurry Amazon picture of the gift we gave him since I can't find the one that's actually in our house.


Here's his cake.


And here are the kids enjoying his cake. Bryan enjoyed it too.


To complete the evening, and to celebrate Bryan turning 42, we watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

If 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything and Bryan is 42, does that mean that Bryan is now the answer? Possibly, at least for the next twelve months...

No comments: