About a month and a half ago a friend in my ward texted to ask if we were interested in a free piano. I responded with lots of exclamations points that YES we were indeed interested. Another family in our ward was looking for a new home for their piano, so I reached out to her. I told her that our kids had been practicing piano on a keyboard and had asked if we were ever going to have a real piano. She was happy we wanted it and was willing to hold on to it for a few more weeks until we were in the new house.
Well, it took longer than a few weeks. The continuously damp basement and construction zone second floor delayed our piano acquisition plans, which had included using one of the three U-Haul trucks we rented to transport the piano from their house to ours. On Labor Day a couple from our ward stopped by with a pot of flowers and a sidewalk visit. As they were leaving they asked if they could help in any way and reminded us that they have a trailer. I screwed up my courage and told them about the piano.
Tonight they, plus three more members of our ward, all wearing masks, brought the piano to our house.
The family that gave it to us warned us in advance that it would need to be tuned, and they were definitely correct. It's kind of tinny but manageable until you hit the G below middle C, then it's rather earsplitting. But tuning a piano is something that we can make happen.
A house and an actual piano are two things that I've wanted for a long, long time. I'm so happy to have them both. Neither are in great condition, but that's okay, I'm still thankful.

1 comment:
YAY! I'm so glad you got a piano!!
Post a Comment