Bryan and I started cooking Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday afternoon. That's when the sweet potatoes were cooked, the cranberry sauce was made, and the razzleberry pie was baked. Then on Wednesday we added the pumpkin pies, the apple pie, the rolls, and the turkey started brining.
Today as he and I prepared the rest of the meal together in the kitchen, I marveled at how wonderful it was to have so much more space. We usually cook these big holiday meals together, but in the old house it required a lot of juggling prep areas, making sure we gave each other room. But that wasn't an issue today. It was glorious.
Bonus: the kids were able to go outside and play in the backyard while we cooked.
Even with all the work and stress of the last three months, I'm really thankful for this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment