Since snow was falling on Sunday night, I assumed I would be taking pictures on Monday of kids playing in the much anticipated snow. However, the snow was followed by freezing rain. We woke up to heavy, wet, slushy snow. It was not the right kind for playing.
This was hardest on Topher. He loves snow and asked several times if he could go out and play. He had a hard time understanding that it was more slick than fun. As I was putting him down for a nap (or quiet time, as it turned into since he did not nap), I discovered just how unhappy he was. Remember, some of his th-sounds come out as f-sounds. I was tucking him in when he said, "The fing is I'm so frustrated because I wanted to go play in the snow and you kept saying no!"
I agree, that would be frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment