Tuesday, March 8, 2022

It Comes In Many Pieces

Bryan took not one, but two epically long trips to Ikea last weekend. After he and I spent hours curating a list of items for him to purchase, he and Peter drove well over an hour on Friday afternoon only to discover that the app gave false information and many of the things we wanted weren't there. He discovered that an Ikea in the opposite direction not only had the stuff we were looking for, but also offered curbside pickup. On Saturday he ordered everything, then spent even longer in the car than he had the day before to get it. He was exhausted, but we're thankful for his sacrifice.

While he was there, Bryan picked up a few fun treats for the kids. On Saturday morning, before his second Ikea quest, he gathered the kids together in the kitchen and the following conversation took place.

Bryan: (holding up a bag of Swedish candy) I got some special Ikea candy to share with you.

Peter: Oh, do we have to assemble it ourselves?

All the rest of us: (stifled giggles while we try to keep listening to Bryan)

The candy came pre-assembled, but the furniture did not. Peter and I are working our way through the boxes...

2 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

lol

Brett M said...

Clever Peter. And I don't envy you with the furniture assembly but it'll be so great when it's done!