Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The Piano Man

Today was a big day. After a year of listening to a severely out of tune piano, a skilled piano tuner came for a visit. He was very chatty while he worked. We learned that the piano was made on March 11, 1961 and is made of spruce. We also learned that it was so out of tune that it couldn't be tuned all the way without breaking the strings. He tuned it so that it sounds beautiful, it's just not giving true pitches yet. All the notes are just a little lower than they should be. He said if it didn't bother us he could leave it like that, but then he found out we have singers in our house and recommended we tune it all the way up. I agreed, so he'll come back some time in January to tune it the rest of the way.

I'm so happy to have a tuned piano! With as much as the kids play it, I bet the neighbors are happy too!


2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yippee for the gift of music! 🥰 🎹 🎶

Grandma Bonnie said...

I didn't comment before. I' happy for you.