Today our family is twenty-two years old. That number is kind of mind boggling, especially considering that when we got married I was twenty-one and Bryan was twenty-two. We've been married about as long (or longer) than we'd been alive when we got married. That's crazy. Awesome, totally, but also crazy.
Because of some things on today's calendar, we had our traditional family birthday dinner last night. Our meal contributions were:
Bryan- chips and french onion dip
Me- watermelon
Peter- sushi
Cooper- frozen supreme pizza
Phoebe- egg crepes
Sophie- chicken salad on croissants
Topher- cupcakes
We added root beer floats as our drink, just for fun.
Sophie suggested that we go around the table and each say something that we love about our family, just like we do when it's an individual's birthday. We did and I loved hearing each person's thoughts. The members of our family love (in no particular order) that we eat dinner together, that we're musical and like to read, that we go on adventures, that we love talking to each other, that we ate cupcakes with our dinner, that we do things together, and that we have family movie nights.
Our personalities are just as eclectic as our meal and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I really love this family of ours.


No comments:
Post a Comment