Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Initiative

Something amazing happened on Saturday. It was another beautiful day and one of the trees in our backyard had dropped most of its leaves the week before. Bryan and I agreed that we needed to gather all those leaves onto the street in front of our house so the city could collect them. It was chilly in the morning, and we needed to focus on chores inside anyway. We designated the afternoon as the ideal time to work in the yard.

Bryan had some errands that he needed to run. He left around lunch and the rest of us continued our Saturday chores (or avoidance of chores). After Bryan had been gone about an hour I looked out the window and saw Peter using the leaf blower in the backyard. I went outside and asked if Bryan had called or texted asking him to do that. No, he just knew it needed to be done and got started on it.

Let me repeat that.

HE JUST KNEW IT NEEDED TO BE DONE AND GOT STARTED ON IT!

You guys, this is a major milestone. I'm not being snarky or sarcastic at all. I'm truly thrilled that he took initiative and got started ON HIS OWN.

It was a big day.

Eventually everyone else went to join him.







No comments: