Our Christmas Eve started with our final choir practice and performance of the year. When we ran through our last song before church started I reminded them that our most important job was to bear our testimonies of the Savior through song. They sounded beautiful and I was holding back tears while I conducted.
Our whole family, minus Topher, sang with the choir. Sophie and Topher sang with the primary kids. Sophie even got to play a bell and sing a solo descant part. And Bryan and I were able to sing the soprano and bass parts in a quartet of Still, Still, Still. I love celebrating Christmas through song.
After church we jumped right into cooking. While I made cranberry sauce and bread, Bryan made the most delicious Christmas Eve soup he's made yet.
After dinner we all opened our traditional Christmas pajamas and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol. Well, some of us watched it. Peter and Cooper had to leave partway through the movie to take care of a neighbor's animals, Bryan was coming down with a terrible cold and slept instead of watching, and then Topher announced he was ready for bed so I took him upstairs to sleep. We all started the movie, but only Phoebe and Sophie finished it.
And then, despite being surprisingly organized and prepared, Bryan and I were still up until 1 o'clock in the morning. I guess that's just the nature of Christmas Eve when you have kids.




No comments:
Post a Comment