Tuesday, February 13, 2024

All the Snow

We woke up to a world of white and a proper snow day. Bryan picked up a fun breakfast last night after we got the call that school would be canceled. Nearly everyone slept in (Topher was up earlier than usual) and spent the morning resting and playing.


I learned today that Bryan has been watching The Great British Bakeoff with Sophie and Topher. They had a baking competition today using kitchen toys and Magna-tiles. I was instructed to keep coming to their stations and asking about their progress. I also had to call out how much time was left. Sophie told me I needed to make more jokes while doing all of this. I didn't.


Right after I declared a tie to the bakeoff, I realized I didn't feel right. I made it upstairs in time to discover I was starting a migraine. I spent the early afternoon sleeping it off while Bryan took the kids outside to shovel snow and play. I was extremely thankful that I didn't have to take them outside, though I would have preferred to not have a migraine in its place. This was Phoebe's first time shoveling snow. She's not in the pictures, but she was out there.




Some of the kids were hoping for a second snow day, or at least a two-hour delay tomorrow. Unfortunately for them, the roads all looked clear by the time the sun went down.

No comments: