Bryan and I got to visit Sophie's school this morning. They hosted a Donuts and Grownups event. The idea was to invite extended family, but our geographically closest extended family live 2 hours away. Sophie was so sad that no one would attend for her, so Bryan and I signed up. I was surprised to see many parents as well as the expected grandparents and aunts and uncles.
First we (they) had donuts and juice.
We got to see Sophie's cool mask that she made in art.
Then we all squeezed into her classroom (I kept wondering about fire code violations) and she interviewed us about what life was like when we were in fourth grade. That was the first year I homeschooled, so some of my answers were a little weird. When asked how many kids were in my class, I said one. I could have included my siblings, but I was the only fourth grader at the time.
After the interview Bryan had to slip out so he could get to work. The final activity of the event was a Kahoot. These are quizzes where the questions and multiple choice answers are up on one big screen while the individual players use their own electronic devices to participate. You're rewarded for both accuracy and speed. The kids were supposed to be on a team with their special people that had come to support them
Sophie and I won.
This is our post-win selfie. We were both pretty pleased.
Bryan and I were both so happy we could be with Sophie this morning!




No comments:
Post a Comment