Monday, June 17, 2024

The New Place

We had our first Sunday in our new ward.

It was...tricky.

The new ward is much bigger than our old ward. It was a regular church meeting with regular classes. I wanted at least a little time dedicated to introductions. In Sunday School we were split into groups and I asked that we take a moment to say our names before we started on the assignment the teacher had given us.

The building is old and Bryan and I both had some trouble breathing while inside. Rather, I kept having to cough and Bryan had to walk outside a few times to get air.

There are a lot of youth, at least for an east coast ward. So, maybe twenty kids? That's about the number we had in our old ward as well. We brought nine of those kids from the old congregation. There aren't many Primary kids. We brought ten kids from our old ward, I think we more than doubled their numbers. Sophie is the only kid her age in the ward. She felt pretty lonely today.

Apparently there were only sixty-eight people in our old ward today. My friends told me it was a small and quiet group. And they said we were missed.

We missed them too.

No comments: