When I was writing up our Disneyland adventure last year Blogger started having trouble moving pictures from Google Photos into the posts. To circumvent that issue I had to download everything, then upload it all to the blog. This was a pain and took more time and I ended up not ever finishing the posts about Disneyland. I also never wrote about our trip to Utah right after that. I hope to fix that someday. For now though, I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake with our most recent trip.
After spending a few days at Ron and Shari's house, we headed to down Utah County to see friends there. Our first stop was BYU. We tried to get a tour of Peter's new apartment since it looked like he wouldn't be able to move in until after I had flown back to PA with the other kids. When the sweet receptionist told me no, I almost cried. I quickly regained my composure and she gave me some good news: Peter could move in on Saturday instead of waiting until Monday! We would still be there and would be able to see his home for the next eight months. I was thrilled!
After that, we grabbed lunch at the Cougareat, then headed north to see my friend Beth! We were in the same married ward at BYU, but I don't think we ever actually talked to each other then. We found each others blogs and she and I have essentially been blog pen pals since Cooper was a baby. Her kids are just a little older than ours and she's a fellow bibliophile. There are lots of other great things about her, those are just two things we have in common. When we were in Utah in 2023 I stopped by for a quick in-person hello and we've been trading Marco Polos since then. I love that we got to stop by for a bit longer visit on this trip! And our kids got to meet each other, which made me happy.
Thanks for making time for us, Beth!

1 comment:
I am glad we got to see each other again! And that our blog penpal relationship has added a Marco Polo dimension! And that our kids got to meet! (They would be friends if they got to hang out in less awkward circumstances!) Thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment