Remember when Phoebe won her school-wide spelling bee? Well, that qualified her for the next level of spelling tests. That happened to be an online test. She scored in the top seventy and moved on again. On Sunday she participated in the regional spelling bee. I took everyone else to church while Bryan and Phoebe drove over an hour to the event.
Bryan texted a play-by-play of the action to the group chat we have with the three older kids (the ones with phones). I actually had to put my phone on Do Not Disturb during Primary because I was running singing time and I use my phone to keep track of the time. All those exciting spelling updates were too distracting.
They started out with sixty-eight spellers.
Phoebe made it through rounds one, two three, four, and five. After correctly spelling the word lacustrine in round four, the word turgor got her in round five. Fifteen minutes after she was eliminated, the bee was over.
She finished seventh, out of sixty-eight.
We are all so proud of how well she did! She was really happy to make it into the top ten.
When she got home she told me that several of the parents congratulated her afterward for how well she'd done. She suspects it's because she smiled encouragingly at the spellers as they took their turns. Since she was in the front row, the parents and spellers alike could see her. I love that she brought both her wonderful brain and her beautiful heart to the stage.








5 comments:
Congratulations Phoebe! 🥳
Your spelling skills are amazing!
We are very proud of you. You are an example to us all.
Phoebe I'm so very proud of you. You have always been very special to me and now the whole world can see what I saw years ago.
Congratulations Phoebe for such a wonderful accomplishment.
Wow, this is fantastic! Good job, Phoebe!!
Post a Comment