Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Welcome to Pennsylvania

My Aunt Carolyn came to visit last week and we had a wonderful whirlwind of adventures. The first day we chatted a lot and she rested after coming in on a red eye. Thanks go to Topher for picking up my phone and taking this picture.


The next day we toured the Martin Guitar factory. I took very few pictures, but here's a little proof we were there.





On Wednesday we trekked up to the Priesthood Restoration Site. It was soooooo cold and light snow fell a few times while we toured the homes of Joseph and Emma Smith and Emma's parents. Sophie reminded me that we had hand warmers in the car, so I ran to the parking lot and grabbed a handful as the tour took off without me. I caught up and quickly handed out our expired, but still functional, warmers. I was thankful that we had this small blanket in the van. We turned it into a hood for Topher.




One highlight was running into one of the sister missionaries that served in our ward last year. She was visiting her old mission with her parents. We had planned to be there an hour earlier, but were running late. If we'd come when we planned, we would have missed her. I think our tardiness was a tender mercy.



On Thursday we drove into Philadelphia and attended the Temple. Then we met up with Aunt Carolyn's friend and walked to eat at the Reading Terminal Market and then see several historical sites. We saw Benjamin Franklin's grave, the first Quaker church in the US, Christ Church (and George Washington's pew), and the Great Essentials (the US Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Articles of Confederation) in the West Wing of Independence Hall.







Bryan took on all of the dinner responsibilities and kept us well fed. It was great not having to worry about that.

No comments: