I found out this week that I have a reputation. I'm the theatre friend.
Two different friends within the same week invited me to go see a show in the same theater with the same cast. My friend Jill (the one who I had my latest Broadway adventure with) asked if I wanted to go see Hamlet. I told her I had just seen Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead with the same performers, so this would round out that viewing experience nicely.
It was an excellent show with some particularly lovely performances. Polonius, never a character that I cared for, was my favorite in this production. The actor had a wonderful interpretation of both the character and the text. The friend that I went with was not a huge Shakespeare fan before this and, even though it was her idea to go, she was a little afraid she would fall asleep. She was on the edge of her seat instead and has a newfound love for The Bard.
Huzzah for a night at the theatre. And huzzah for Bryan who always encourages me to be social and do what I love.


No comments:
Post a Comment