On Sunday I was the first adult to primary, but not the first person. The room already held several children. We have a two-deep leadership policy, which for me means, in part, not being the only adult in the room. While I waited for another grownup to come in, I leaned against the doorway and asked who wanted to draw a picture of a temple on the chalkboard. Several hands went up and I encouraged them to go for it.
This temple has a mustache instead of an Angel Moroni. I didn't realize this until one of the kids pointed it out during singing time. I thought it was a propeller.
Topher drew the temple on the right. He said he patterned it after the Washington D.C. temple.
The kids were all pleased with their art and none of them seemed to realize it was a diversionary tactic.


No comments:
Post a Comment