I usually avoid talent shows on TV. American Idol was taken off my must-see list years ago because it just made me sad. All those people that think they can sing, but really truly can't, hurt my soul. Well, last night I watched part of an episode of America's Got Talent. The acts ranged from the ridiculous (a guy who juggled running chainsaws) to the sad (a nurse who wanted to be able to sing, but her want exceeded her ability) to the inane (a toe dancer, seriously).
Who told these people that it would be a great idea to go on a nationally televised program and shimmy? Did they decide on their own? Did their supportive but artistically unaware pack of poodles bark their approval?
Then there was this guy:
Fast forward to 1:46, close your eyes, and imagine you're listening to a Broadway show. That's what I did.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's amazing the people you get to see on this show! I'm sad I missed it last night.
Post a Comment