Ten points to whomever can name the musical reference in the title.
Seriously though, it has been wicked, crazy hot this last week. I'm really feeling this heat wave because we recently spent two-weeks four-miles from the Pacific Ocean, breathing in a delicious breeze. I didn't realize that my internal thermostat could be so easily reset.
It's been so hot that we've spent our days inside with all the windows shut and the blinds closed. I am a lover of sunshine, so keeping the light out is rough for me. Consequently, the last few days have been hard. Really. Really. Hard. The golden glow that usually streams though my windows helps me maintain a firm grasp on patience and sanity. The crazy has definitely been threatening to fly free this week. I've kept it in check, but it's been close.
Why does my favorite season torture me so?
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it's from "Kiss Me, Kate" I'm feeling claustrophobic for you. Open some curtains! It's a trade off-being cool or getting depressed (feeling closed in)because of the heat. I have to have the light. Sorry it's so hot there. Does it cool down at night?
OH, I know that one because I was in "Kiss me Kate!" But in the actual musical Lois doesn't sing it. :) I'm feeling ya on how hot it is! Sheesh!
Post a Comment