Friday, November 6, 2009

Slow and Steady

I realize that it's been two weeks, but I wanted to say thanks for the wonderful comments on my post about, well, comments.

I've been rather introspective for the last few weeks about why I have this blog. Initially I wrote it to provide some intellectual stimulation for my foggy mommy-brain. However, over the last year and a half, this blog has also become a way for me to get out my frustrations, celebrate my triumphs, and connect with my friends that live too far to connect with in person. This blog, and your blogs, really provide a great deal of my grown-up socialization. I do try to hang-out with people face to face too, but that usually happens during play-dates and park visits. Many of those conversations are often interrupted with, "Cooper, don't throw the wood chips!" and "Peter, stop taking their toys." I tend to wax a little more philosophical here than I do when I'm standing around the swings.

My progress in commenting on your blogs has been slow, but steady.

And with that, I am going to turn my attention from blogging, to the twenty minute lesson I'm supposed to teach to the Young Women leaders in my Stake tomorrow morning. Anyone have anything good I can share about Personal Progress?

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I'm sure if you throw in something about rainbows and unicorns you'll do fine.

Beth said...

Good luck with the lesson! And I think you're doing great at commenting, at least on my blog.

I read a biography of Ardeth Kapp this summer and I included a few thoughts (more a personal testimony, I guess) on Personal Progress here: http://beth.bethandnathan.com/?p=1632

The book is great too, but it's probably more the scope of if you were writing a paper on Young Women's, not teaching a lesson TO Young Women. ;-) (That said, it's really readable.)