Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where's Cooper?

After dinner on Sunday night Cooper grabbed the cloth we had just used to wash dinner off his hands and pulled it up to cover his face. He was initiating a game of "Where's Cooper?" I played along.

Cooper: Look! Look! Look!

Me: Oh! Where's Cooper?

Cooper: (still behind his cloth) Land!

Me: Did he go to Disneyland without us?

Cooper: (still hidden) Yeah. Boo!

Me: (now that I can see the grin on his face) There he is!

Cooper: (starting another round) See! See!

Me: Where's Cooper? Did he go to the beach?

Cooper: Yeah. Boo!

Me: There he is!

Cooper: (beginning his final round) See!

Me: Where's Cooper?

Cooper: (from behind his cloth) Jesus! Jesus!

Me: (trying to figure out what that clue could possibly mean) Uh... did he go to... church?

Peter: No, he went to Jesusland.

Cooper: Yeah!

Me: (to Peter) And where is that?

Peter: It's the place with all the planets and stars.

It took me only a moment to realize that he was talking about the North Visitor's Center at Temple Square in Salt Lake City. That building is highlighted in February's Friend magazine. I'm not sure that's what Cooper was thinking of, but he was content to go along with Peter's interpretation.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's cute! I love how big brother was the one to figure it out. :-)