Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Friend?

On Sunday evening, shortly before gathering for dinner, I thought I heard Cooper calling for me. I walked into the boys' room where he was playing with blocks and asked what he needed. He just kept repeating the word over and over again. It finally occurred to me that he wasn't saying mommy. He was saying Mya. (Apparently I respond to any word that starts with an M.)

I puzzled over this for a few minutes until I remembered that there's a cute little girl in our ward named Mya. She's got great big eyes and red, curly hair. I don't think that she's old enough to go to nursery on her own, but her dad is one of the nursery workers. I wondered if maybe Cooper was talking about someone he had met from nursery.

Me: Cooper, are you saying Mya?

Cooper: Yeah.

Me: Do you know a Mya?

Cooper: Yeah. Nursey. (Cooper-speak for Nursery.)

Me: Is Mya your friend from Nursery?

Cooper: Yeah.

I have no idea if she was really in Nursery with him on Sunday, but if she was, that's kind of sweet that he remembered her. And if she wasn't, where in the world did he learn the name Mya?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is pretty cute. I had to read the part where you describe her twice because I first read that she has "big, red eyes," which puzzled me a bit. :p I'm glad her hair is red and not her eyes.