Yesterday was a tough day for Cooper. There were many tantrums. Bryan's sister suggested that it's because his routine has been so disrupted with company and moving. That could very well be. He reached his breaking point at dinner last night. Perhaps it was a reflection of the water conversation last week, but this time he remained cordial.
Cooper: May I have some mustard (meaning Honey Dijon vinaigrette)?
Me: You still have some on your plate.
Cooper: (Much louder) May I have some mustard?
Me: (Pointing) Cooper, it's right there on your plate.
Cooper: (Nearing a full-fledged screaming tantrum) MAY I HAVE SOME MUSTARD?
Me: No Cooper, you still have some.
At this point he grabbed a handful of food to throw at me. I got a hold of his hand before he could chuck it. This made him even madder.
Cooper: (Now crying and very mad) May I hit?
Me: What?
Cooper: MAY I HIT?!
Me: Oh Cooper, you're tired aren't you? No, you may not hit.
Cooper: (Lots of tears)
I'm hoping that he feels better today.
But hey, at least he was polite.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cooper is such a sweet boy! I love how you have taught him to be polite.
=)
he is your child, I believe that you were polite when you gave birth to Peter.
Post a Comment