Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love and Marriage

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. I told Peter that yesterday and he couldn't remember the number. He kept asking about our 5th or our 1th (as in one-th) anniversary.

When I would say, "No, 9th. Daddy and I have been married for 9 years," he would ask,

"Why?"

Ummm... because that's how long we've been married. I have trouble answering those questions.

One thing that sets this anniversary apart from any of our others is that we recently reached a new milestone. We have now been married with children longer than we were married without children. Bryan and I were married for close to four and a half years before Peter was born, which is almost an eternity in Utah.

Happy 9th Anniversary Bryan!

Maybe next year we'll have enough energy to actually celebrate...

5 comments:

Shari said...

Happy Anniversary.

Beth said...

Happy anniversary!

I never could answer those kinds of "why" questions, either. "Um, because it just is."

Emily said...

Congrats! Maybe you can do something extra cool for your tenth next year. :)

Crystal said...

Congratulations! Wait until you have been married for more years than you were single. When we reached that milestone it seemed a little surreal.

Cristin said...

That is exciting. We are hitting 9 years also in November. We were married for 4 and a half years before we had kids and I actually look back on that time now with a lot of fondness. Not that I hate my kids, I don't, but when I am really tired, it's fun to reminisce about how calm our life used to be.