And then the Post Office agreed to lose them.
Bummer, eh?
Luckily, Shari had found a Tin Man costume online at a major discount and had decided to order it instead of make it. Peter's costume is the only one that has arrived at our house so far. I have a picture on my cell phone of Cooper's very cute Cowardly Lion costume, but not one of Phoebe's very small Dorothy dress.
Hmm... this picture doesn't really look like Peter. Maybe silver makes his hair look yellow? He looked cute in real life, don't worry. And he had a heart to wear, it just got left off for the picture.We were sad, but we found things that worked instead.
On Thursday Bryan mentioned to his coworker that the costumes were lost in the void and she mentioned that she had a size 3 lion costume and asked if he wanted to borrow it. Yes please.

I went to Phoebe's closet (or rather, the bar in my closet where her clothes are hanging) and brainstormed about what I could use for a Dorothy dress. The same sister-in-law that sent us the ruby slippers had sent Phoebe a darling blue and white dress. Hmmm... It wasn't gingham, but it was awfully cute, and I figured with the shoes and her Tin Man buddy and Lion pal, it should be clear who she was. So thank you Amanda, you furnished Phoebe's Halloween costume.
You will have to just believe me that I was the Wicked Witch. We failed to get my picture. I was so busy figuring out the costumes for the small people that I decided not to paint my face green, I just wore all black. I did have a witch's hat on, and old-fashioned lace-up black boots, so that added to the disguise. Bryan suggested that I sing songs from Wicked as we Trick-or-Treated at his work, but I opted not to.
Bryan was going to be the Scarecrow, but we didn't pull it together in time. Instead he wore a Star Trek shirt I had gotten him for his birthday this year and pulled up the tricorder app on his phone. It was swell.
Our costumes didn't go quite the way we had planned, but we looked awesome anyway.

3 comments:
Of course I LOVE this theme! So cute!
I think of all those hours spent sewing those costumes and I get a little sad they didn't arrive. I'm not sad about the time I spent sewing them...but I am sad they got lost! Never again will I ship with USPS if I can help it. They lost Melinda's wedding photos too if you remember. Considering everything, I think the kids were cute and it looked like they had fun. I just recieved an email from the company that made Peter's costume...up to 90% off...if they know what they want to be and you can guess sizes for next year, now's the time to order. $5.00-$10.00 is not a bad price. The tin man Fabric was $15.00 (3 yards)alone so at these prices it's cheaper to buy already made...by the way the tin man (still at my house) is turning into a space man costume with a few changes here and there. I hope someone wants to be a spaceman if only for dress up fun! So sorry they did not get to you.
I'm glad you guys worked it out, even if you didn't reach the outcome you had originally expected. I would have gladly taken you party hopping with my buds.
Post a Comment