Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V Day

We had a festive Valentine's Day at our house. Peter spent the better part of the morning making Valentines for, well, everyone he could think of. These are my favorites.

This is the one he made for Bryan. From left to right it's Peter, me, Phoebe, and Cooper, but you could probably tell that based on height. I love that Peter and Cooper are both holding the heart.

This is supposed to be me. A few weeks ago I taught the boys how to make a heart shape with their fingers so that's what Peter depicted here. And for the record I do not now, nor have I ever, had a uni-brow. Thank you.

We ate pink Malt O Meal (which is cheaper but not nearly as tasty as Cream of Wheat) for breakfast, we read all the Valentine's Day related books we could find in our collection, and we wrote out Valentines for some of our neighbors. Bryan made us a fabulous dinner of steak salad. He had asked each of us what we wanted to eat. Peter said steak, Cooper said chocolate pie, and I said strawberries. We each got what we wanted. It was delicious.

I think the best part of the day for the boys was when I let them eat chocolate/butterscotch chip cookie bars BEFORE breakfast. Or maybe it was the mini-chocolate pudding pies that Bryan made for our Family Home Evening treat, thus fulfilling Cooper's request.

Based on the look on Cooper's face, I think those were pretty successful. Either that or he's in a lot of pain.

Or he's a pirate.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ohh, Peter's pictures are SO CUTE. And I love that pic of Cooper. Looks like a fun V-Day!

Jordan said...

A happy pirate that's in a lot of pain, perhaps?