Thursday, March 24, 2011

Do You Kiss Your Mother With That Mouth?

The boys have discovered name calling. I don't mean things that could be considered affectionate like "silly goose" or "monkey". I'm talking naughty-sometimes-bathroom-humor-related name calling.

I do not love it.

The naughty word of choice at the moment is stupid, as in "Mommy, you're stupid." Yeah that earns a time-out. Cooper is the biggest offender. Whenever I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do he replies with the "S" word. We went and looked it up in the dictionary after he and Peter were both using it repeatedly. We read the definition and decided that no one in our family was actually stupid. Too bad that hasn't stopped them from saying it.

They are learning a way around the "stupid" ban. Both boys employ this ruse, but I'll use just one example from last night's dinner to illustrate:

Cooper: Mommy, you are stupid.

Me: (giving him a LOOK) What did you say Cooper?

Cooper: Ummmm... I said "Mommy, you are stupendous!"

Me: Yes, I am.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Ha! I bet you didn't see this as a result of instilling your children with vocabularies far beyond their years.