Oh right, Peter's birthday.
We had sung Happy Birthday to him and he had gotten cupcakes and ice cream the night before when we had a joint celebration for all three of the December birthdays in our family. We hadn't done anything just for him though. Being the good mom that I am, I dug down for whatever scraps of energy I had left and said yes. I got the others that were still with us at the church on board too. My brother who can't eat dairy even came in spite of the fact that he couldn't eat anything.
Peter loved it. This was his first time inside the kiddie heaven. And I think part of what made it so fun for him was having aunts and uncles and cousins to play with. He and Cooper ran around playing games while Bryan and my brother Jordan followed them. I got to sit and eat with Phoebe on my lap, which was just what I needed.
When we got back to my parents' house that evening, Peter got to open his birthday presents from my parents. He has been enjoying his birthday books since.
And thanks to the pizza break, the rest of us had the energy we needed to do the flowers, and the nails, and bathing small children, and everything else that wasn't done yet. Actually, I can't take any credit for the flowers or the nails. Paige's best friend Catie was our beauty expert and Falisha took charge of the flowers. They both did a lovely job and I'm so thankful they were there to do so much. I did help get kids to bed, so that's something.
No comments:
Post a Comment