Thursday, January 12, 2012

Excused Absence

Did anyone notice what was missing from my list of New Year's Resolutions? It's something that has been there for the past three years. The fact that I didn't post yesterday should be a big clue.

I did not resolve to post every week day.

Now, this doesn't mean that I'm letting the blog go. I'm still going to try my darnedest to get something up here Monday through Friday. But if I have nothing good to say, or my brain is completely drained, or I'm holding a child that should be sleeping and won't and I've left the blog until the end of the day (which is what happened yesterday), then I'm not going to stress over it.

See, as much as I love having this fabulous record for myself (and for my children) blogging five times a week has become a major source of stress for me. And it shouldn't be. This was my outlet. It was my stress-reliever. I want to keep it that.

So that's it. I'm still going to blog a lot, but I might miss a day here and there.

And that's just fine.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I admire you for keeping up with your resolution to post these past three years -- and I admire that you're reevaluating to make it more enjoyable, too. Glad to see that you are still posting regularly, because I like reading, but I think it will be equally worthwhile for you to give yourself "days off," too!