Monday, January 7, 2013

An End and a Beginning

Today Bryan had his first day of his last semester of classes for the MBA program. This is only the fourth semester, which is much shorter than the time we spent as undergrads, but in some ways it feels like this has lasted so much longer.

I think this semester should be smoother than previous semesters though. Bryan went on six different job-search-related trips last semester. His traveling should go down significantly. The reason? Bryan has been offered, and has accepted, a job. A job! That was one of the scariest things going into this whole MBA adventure. Did it make sense to voluntarily leave a job when so many people were out of work? Would he find another job when it was all over?

Thankfully, he did. The job comes with new forms of excitement. The job is part of a rotational leadership training program and there's a strong possibility that we will move every year for the next three years. I'm focusing on the adventure that will come with the opportunity to live in new-to-us areas of the country. I'm trying not to think about changing schools and wards and homes so much. But you know, after living in Wisconsin for the summer, I think we can live anywhere.

So now we need to get through this last semester and then we can prepare for the next leg of our adventure.

No comments: