Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Golden Spike

In spite of the busyness of preparing to move, we've still been checking things off our to-do list. We marked a few off this week, including visiting Promontory Summit, the site where Union Pacific and Central Pacific joined their lines, thus making it possible for people (and supplies) to ride from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

The kids thought it was neat (and we had the added bonus of having Bryan's dad, the family train aficionado, with us), but it was insanely hot that day. Phoebe and I went back into the visitor's center early because we were wilting.


2 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Granny and I visited Promonntory about the time we got you. It was nice, but you were nicer.

Brett M said...

Love Grandma Bonnie. :-)

I'm glad you made it there! Sorry about the heat, but hopefully you all still enjoyed it. I've been thinking about you today and wondering how things are going with the move. Good luck!! You'll be in your own house SOON! Yeah!!