Friday, August 9, 2013

Upgrades

As the movers carried in our stuff on Monday, Bryan and I each had a checklist to note that everything had arrived. The men who packed on the Provo side had to mark any damage so that we couldn't claim they had hurt our belongings when really they had been that way to begin with. I noticed something as I marked items off my list.

Most of our stuff is junky. And old. And worn out. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

Since moving is expensive, many of those things will need to make do for some time before we can replace or repair them. But we have upgraded on a few things.

Instead of a chest of drawers, for the last year the boys have been using industrial shelving with laundry baskets. They had a penchant for climbing on, then subsequently jumping off said shelves. We went and got a real chest of drawers.

Phoebe doesn't have a chest of drawers either, but rather a cube with four open shelves, also cube shaped. (Cubed but missing two sides because it's open in the back and front?) You can buy drawers for it, but we had only gotten one. In the other three slots we were using empty diaper and wipes boxes. While unpacking we couldn't find those boxes and, thinking that the movers had thrown them out, we went and bought three real drawers for the unit. They're lavender and Phoebe loves them. Oh, and I found the other boxes today. Oh well.

We've had one other upgrade, this one major. Our car had been on its way out for some time, so a few days before we left Utah we replaced it.


It's fancy. Well really, it's the base model, but it's fancy for us.

And look, we'll even have room for all four of our children.

10 comments:

Beth said...

Wait, was that an announcement or just a comment on the stuffed animals piled into the seat???!

Congrats on the new ride!

P.S. Love Phobe's hair! CUTE!

Margot said...

It was an announcement. :)

Mandi said...

Congrats! So exciting! So February ish?

The Lybbert Family said...

Congratulations! So exciting for you guys.

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

I haven't read your blog in ages and I read this one tonight - congrats!!! :) Your kids are beautiful! I need to catch up on your blog. :)

Beth said...

HOORAY!! Congratulations! How have you been managing a huge move AND the first trimester?? Hope you are feeling well!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh so exciting! Congrats!!!

Elise said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled to hear this! You and Bryan make wonderful children.

Brett M said...

hee hee hee

so excited for you guys!

Jolene said...

Congratulations!