I recently attended a student-led conference with Cooper. The girls and I went to his classroom with him (while Peter was at a birthday party) and he proudly showed us some of what he's been working on. His teacher knew we were coming so she had prepared his desk with everything he would need. I was given a list of prompts to help Cooper as he went through his box of work.
He read to us from his easy reader. He told us some of their reading strategies. He made up a story problem based on an equation. He told us what he had learned about the classroom pets, some goldfish (that had recently "been sent back to the goldfish farm so another classroom could enjoy them," yes that's what his teacher really said) and a guppy. He read a how-to book that he had written and told me the steps of writing such a book. And he reviewed the class rules and showed his hand print next to the poster that held those rules.
Perhaps the best part was when I asked his teacher if there was anything I should know. She said that Cooper has been really well behaved! She said she thought he had finally gotten the hang of following the rules and was doing a great job. Huzzah!
The second best part was how excited Cooper was to show us everything. He was especially pumped to read to Phoebe in his classroom. She spent most of her time playing with the toy kitchen right next to Cooper's desk, but I think he still got to share enough with her to count.
Thank goodness for positive progress!
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah for Cooper!
=0)
Post a Comment